BISSELL Pet Foundation Fights Shelter Overcrowding by Reducing Adoption Fees Across the Country
Greene County Humane Society part of 250+ shelters participating in summer “Empty the Shelters” event
Linton, IN. July 11th, 2022 — As our nation’s shelters face unprecedented overcrowding, BISSELL Pet Foundation is doing its part to taking homeless pets from kennels to couches by sponsoring reduced adoption fees of $50 or less from July 11 – 31. The longest-ever Summer National “Empty the Shelters” event will be hosted in more than 250 shelters in 42 states, including the Greene County Humane Society.
- Greene County Humane Society will participate July 11-31, 2022, at their 1026 N 1375 W, Linton, IN location, offering reduced adoption fees of Adult Dogs – $50, Adult Cats – $0, Kittens – $25.
- Adoption fees for certain animals may vary depending on individual circumstances for each animal.
- Each adoptable animal will be spayed or neutered, up to date on vaccinations, microchipped with lifetime registration and ready to give unconditional love!
- All interested adopters can see available animals and apply online at GreeneCountyHumaneSociety.org.
- Adopters are encouraged to apply in advance and receiving application approval before arriving to the shelter as all applicants are required to be approved prior to adopting.
- The event will encompass the Summer Carnival event on July 30th from 11AM-2PM that will feature kid’s games and prizes, bounce house, food vendors, blood drive with the Indiana Blood Center and more.
“Shelters are calling me daily and BISSELL Pet Foundation is feeling the burden of overcrowding. With the euthanasia of homeless dogs up 22% in just the first quarter of 2022 alone, we knew we had to act quickly to help at-risk pets,” said Cathy Bissell, Founder of BISSELL Pet Foundation. “Empty the Shelters is the largest funded adoption event in the country, and by extending the event to three weeks, we can help meet the immediate need to save lives.”
The Greene County Humane Society has participated in the BISSELL Pet Foundation events since 2020 and has seen great success with increasing adoptions during the events. The humane society has been operating near or at capacity for many months and this opportunity to empty kennels is a welcome one.
“Our mission is to help as many animals as possible and when we continue to be at capacity and have to turn away animals in need, it just breaks everyone’s hearts and is super frustrating. The happy endings are why we do this and our hope is that by partnering with the BISSELL Pet Foundation for this event that we can drastically reduce our population by both making adoption more accessible and by bring awareness to the animals in need.” said Kegan Inman, the President of the Greene County Humane Society board of directors.
BISSELL Pet Foundation’s “Empty the Shelters” event is the largest funded adoption event in the country. With a goal of encouraging more families to choose adoption, this lifesaving effort has helped more than 96,000 pets find loving homes since 2016. “Empty the Shelters” is BISSELL Pet Foundation’s largest program, partnering with a total of 443 animal welfare organizations in 47 states and Canada to reduce adoption fees.
Adoption is a lifetime commitment. BISSELL Pet Foundation and the Greene County Humane Society urge families to do their research about the pet they are interested in adopting, as well as adoption requirements. For more information on adopting or donating to “Empty the Shelters,” visit www.bissellpetfoundation.org/empty-the-shelters as well as www.GreeneCountyHumaneSociety.org.